Workshop on Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction
On the 17 May 2017, the European Disability Forum organised a workshop in cooperation with CBM and UNISDR in Brussels. EUD was present to share our experience from the NEXES project.
EDF members were there to :
- Share experiences and different perspectives on inclusive DRR on a European level through presentations
- Highlight key issues that occur regularly
- Discuss the method of implementation of the SENDAI framework for action in Europe
- Create possibilities for peer learning between partners in Asia and the Pacific
- Discuss recommendations and future actions we can take
We also took the opportunity to learn about virtual/remote participation tools including advanced technology such as robotics.
This took place one week before the Global Platform event on Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) occurring in Cancun, Mexico.