European Disability Rights Strategy 2021 – 2030: European Parliament’s Disability Intergroup event
5 April 2021
On the 17 May 2017, the European Disability Forum organised a workshop in cooperation with CBM and UNISDR in Brussels. EUD was present to share our experience from the NEXES project.
EDF members were there to :
- Share experiences and different perspectives on inclusive DRR on a European level through presentations
- Highlight key issues that occur regularly
- Discuss the method of implementation of the SENDAI framework for action in Europe
- Create possibilities for peer learning between partners in Asia and the Pacific
- Discuss recommendations and future actions we can take
We also took the opportunity to learn about virtual/remote participation tools including advanced technology such as robotics.
This took place one week before the Global Platform event on Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) occurring in Cancun, Mexico.
back to top